Dr. Mureo Kasahara started his professional career in HPBand transplant surgery at Kyoto University School of Medicine from 1996.
He also served as a fellow at the Liver Transplant Surgery Service in King’s College Hospital in London, UK in 2002. He is now the Head of Transplant Center, Vice Chairman in the internationally renowned National Center for Child Health and Development in Tokyo, Japan.
Since 2010 where he has been performing a largest number of living related pediatric liver transplants (1400 cases) for children from all over the world.
Professional Training and Employment:
- 1992-1996Clinical fellow of general surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine
- 1996-1999Clinical and Research Associate of Transplantation, Departmentof Transplant Surgery, Kyoto University School of Medicine
- PhD. Gunma University School of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
- 1999-2002Assistant Professor of TransplantationSurgery, Kyoto University School of Medicine
- 2002-2003Fellow, Liver Transplant Surgical ServiceKing’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
- 2003-2005 Clinical
- Assistant Professor of Transplantation Surgery, Kyoto University School of Medicine
- 2005-Director, Transplant Surgery, National center for child health and development, Tokyo
- 2010-Chairman, Transplantation
- National center for child health and development, Tokyo
- 2013-Council member of International Pediatric Transplantation
- 2016-Adjunct Professor, Universitas Indonesia
- 2017-Deputy Director, National center for child health and development